Hoverboard batteries may be the sole reason why some hoverboards cause explosion due to its liquid chemical content but chargers also play a significant role too! Users can’t just leave their hoverboards charging without monitoring its charger’s temperature. Keep calm. As long as it has the safety standard marks like ROHS, FCC etc. and you don’t overcharge them, they’ll be fine. Hoverboards are made to give you less stress and enjoyable ride and it will be ironic if these chargers are causing you anxieties. We’ve done some research and here’s what we know on getting the right hoverboard charger.
Safety-basic, check the label and its compatibility. And to remind you, either you’re looking for a replacement charger or the charger of the unit included in the hoverboard package, check the spelling on the charger. There has been a report that there are chargers with multiple spelling errors on its label with fake UL seal (ex. Donnot ixpose to rain). That’s an absolute fake! Don’t risk it.
Another thing that you may want to check if you’d really want your charger to be super safe is the UL Certified mark. On the image below, you will see the UL certificate number. Since these numbers can be manipulated too, one way to check its originality is to go here -> UL Online Certification Directory http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/index.htm
The list of chargers below might also help you in decision making.
- Hoverboard Scooters Replacement AC Adapter Wall Charger
- Sinvitron Scooter Universal Charger for Scooter Battery
- Razor Electric Scooter Battery Charger
- Moonet Smart Self Balancing Scooter Electric Charger
- Smart Balance Scooter Battery Charger from GreenHaus
- Electric Scooter Battery Charger from Newgate
- PowerStar 12V Scooter Battery
- Masione Battery Charger for Scooter
- LotFancy Scooter Battery Charger with XLR Connector
- Intocircuit Premium Scooter Battery Charger
You may replace your current charger to a high quality one that is compatible with your unit without having to spend much. Rather than risking yourself on using the sub-standard and fakes.